Almost no other area of the law evolves as much as does tax law. Tax issues invariably play a role in every business decision. We advise our clients in all aspects of tax law and provide tailored advice and solutions for your business.
Our tax lawyers and tax advisors support our clients with first-class tax know-how. Our tax lawyers and tax advisors at SCHIEDERMAIR, as well as managing directors of our subsidiary entity PFAFF Steuerberatungsgesellschaft mbH (PFAFF Tax Advisors with Limited Liability), offer our clients a full range of tax services.
We advise our clients in both German domestic as well as in cross-border transactions, restructurings, tax audits, and litigation. We also provide ongoing tax advice to our clients, in particular with respect to loss utilization, consolidated corporate group taxation, holding structures, withholding tax exemptions, and taxes on licenses.
Our advice on corporate and asset succession issues includes both inheritance and income tax matters. We also advise non-profits, such as associations and foundations, with respect to their establishment as well as on ongoing tax issues.
Together with our subsidiary, PFAFF Steuerberatungsgesellschaft mbH, (PFAFF Tax Advisors with Limited Liability), our full-service includes bookkeeping services and preparing annual financial statements, tax returns, and payroll accounting services.
Our clients include not only well-known established companies from any number of industries from within Germany and abroad, but also private equity investors, family offices, high-net-worth individuals, and charities. We also advise family businesses and their shareholders as well as institutional investors and private investors.
- Structure corporate acquisitions and divestitures; tax due diligence
- Tax optimization of real estate transactions
- Establish and optimize group structures, group financings
- International tax law and double taxation treaties
- Advise on individual asset succession and business succession
- Relocation taxation
- Family Office
- Non-profit tax law, foundations
- Tax compliance, including conducting administrative and court proceedings
- Client service: prepare annual financial statements, tax returns (including inheritance tax returns), and provide payroll accounting services
- Advise a financial institution in connection with establishing a joint venture in the wind energy sector
- Support client in administrative proceedings with several international real estate investors in connection with transfer pricing issues (specifically, interest on shareholder loans)
- Tax litigation regarding the tax deductibility of refinancing interest for asset-managing partnerships
- Tax due diligence and negotiation of a purchase agreement in connection with the acquisition of a sole proprietorship
- Advise a company in connection with bringing a financial investor in as a new shareholder (tax structuring; negotiation of tax clause)
- Provide tax and structuring advice in connection with the tax-neutral outsourcing of real estate with disclosure of hidden reserves to improve the equity situation
- Advise on the sale of an advertising agency’s business operations
- Establish a charitable foundation in the area of youth and development aid for a high-net-worth individual
- Sale of an office property in Frankfurt for a Dutch insurance company as part of a share sale with a purchase price in the nine-figure euro range
- Advise a seller on the sale of a mixed-use property in Frankfurt
- Advise on gift tax in connection with an anticipated succession