Germany is a leader in enforcing intellectual property rights and unfair competition claims. Assisting our clients in these areas of the law are core practice areas of SCHIEDERMAIR.
Trademarks, designs, and patents are often valuable assets for companies. We focus not only on the correct strategy for registering and protecting these rights against unauthorized third party usage, but also on protecting non-registered rights, such as copyrights, know-how, and other trade secrets. Over the past decades, we have acted quickly and efficiently in almost every corner of the world using our global network.
Marketing departments and advertising agencies know that any advertising campaign is subject to any number of legal regulations; ever-evolving case law may also play a significant role for these campaigns.
In addition, enforcing claims under Germany’s Unfair Competition Act often initially calls for seeking expedited temporary legal protection. Having a litigator that is experienced before Germany’s various specialized courts is an essential part of successfully pursuing an IP or unfair competition claim.
- Advice on advertising strategies and policies
- Worldwide trademark prosecution and administration, trademark monitoring
- Enforcement of trademarks, designs, and copyrights
- Advice on domain name law (filing strategies, portfolio management, defend third-party claims, including in UDRP proceedings)
- IP plagiarism claims
- License agreements
- Protect trade secrets contractually and pursue civil and criminal prosecution in IP infringement matters
- Represented an international confectionary manufacturer in the prosecution of plagiarism claims and enforcing trademark rights
- Unfair competition advice to a global soft drinks manufacturer
- Unfair competition advice to a global toy manufacturer
- Advised and represented an international battery manufacturer
- Advise and represent one of the largest international financial services companies
- Trademark counseling and representation of a well-known traditional camera manufacturer
- Advise a major German optics company on unfair competition matters, advertising of medicines, and trademark matters
- Comprehensive counseling of a retailer, with over 500 stores and a large eStore, in the home and furnishings sector
- Unfair competition law and trademark law advice to several advertising agencies
- Advised a major German retailer in the diabetes field on unfair competition law and the law governing the advertising of medicines