Health care is becoming more digital, faster, and, without a doubt, increasingly complex. We help companies navigate legislative and regulatory provisions as well as case law that governs the health care industry.
Through long-standing client relationships, we have a deep understanding of the various industries within the health care sector. We regularly advise on regulatory matters, product labeling and packaging issues, data privacy as well as the establishment of distribution systems, for example sales representatives, authorized dealers, or franchise arrangements. We are also familiar with the challenges companies face when setting up and operating online retail stores. We support our clients not only with setting up and operating online stores, but also with establishing other types of distribution systems.
A core part of our practice is negotiating and drafting agreements, whether license agreements regarding IP rights, agreements to protect trade secrets or other sensitive data in the health care sector, or agreements to create and operate distribution systems.
Issues relating to unfair competition or the advertising of medical or pharmaceutical products frequently play a role in the day-to-day affairs of our clients. In this context, we advise our clients on advertising campaigns and regularly represent them in disputes stemming from competitors or associations that promote and enforce fair competition. In doing so, our clients benefit from our many years of litigation and our experience before all German specialized courts.
- Comprehensive advice to a leading German optics company
- Distribution and unfair competition law advice to a major German retailer in the diabetes sector
- Ongoing distribution and unfair competition law advice to a manufacturer of medical products
- Unfair competition law advice to a manufacturer of pharmaceuticals
- Ongoing advice on data privacy matters to various (non-profit) institutions and associations in the health care sector