We advise corporations, shareholders, management boards, and supervisory boards on everything from corporate formations to capital increases to restructurings and ongoing business matters. Our advice includes both corporate law and capital markets matters.
Advising on corporate law is a long-standing tradition for SCHIEDERMAIR attorneys. We advise and represent our clients in preparing shareholders’ meetings, including with respect to securities matters. We advise and represent management boards, supervisory boards, and minority shareholders on board member liability issues as well as on compliance matters. Finally, one of the pillars of our practice is to advise on tax-efficient corporate restructurings for corporate conglomerates.
As for capital markets matters, we advise on the issuance of public debt and private debt bond instruments, as well as on other types of debt instrument securities. In this regard, we also advise on public filings and notifications to “BaFin” (Germany’s securities and financial services regulatory authority).
Our services includes litigating on behalf of our clients in court and before arbitral panels.
- Prepared articles of incorporation and rules of procedure for the management board and supervisory board to conform with capital market requirements
- Prepared and supported the convening and execution of annual shareholders’ meetings, draft annual shareholders’ guidelines, and prepared resolution proposals
- Advised on and supported the issuance of debt and equity
- Designed and structured management equity programs
- Advised on and prepared securities prospectuses for public bond placements and information memoranda for private bond placements
- Advised on banking and securities regulatory issues concerning Germany’s Securities and Exchange Commission (BaFin)
- Supported client with claims for money damages against members of management board and supervisory board
- Leading beverage manufacturer with various major restructurings
- Global telecommunication services provider with restructurings
- Corporate housekeeping and advice on day-to-day corporate law for a significant corporation
- Advise on the issuances of debt, including for nextbike GmbH (private and public debt instruments) as well as CHANCEN eG (public debt issuance)
- Ongoing banking regulatory advice to financer of students regarding the structuring of corporate financing and the granting of inter-generational contracts to students